Sunday, October 17, 2010

Getting To Know You... Then saying Goodbye


Dear Athena,

Wow, a lot of years are passing by since we last saw you.  You're an adult now... though you're still in school.  I'm sorry that you feel you have to make fun of me, and you're dad.  I guess that's how you deal with us being absent from your life.  

Anyway.  Let's put that aside and pull up some memories from the past.  

I remember the first months I met you.  Getting to know you.  You were so sweet.  You loved to tell me about your cat, Tinker.

We were at your Pop Pop's house


We were all so happy and had such a great time when you'd come to stay with us.  We missed you when you stopped coming.

Lindsey and you...

You're dad, sure knows how to have a good time!

Hopefully some day you will remember once again.  And then your mind will be set free.  And you will ask forgiveness for all you have done....  

Hopefully it won't be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment